Periodic electrical testing
Electrical installations deteriorate with age and use, therefore they need to be professionally inspected and tested by qualified electricians, at appropriate intervals, to ensure they maintain a satisfactory condition.
[Ti] Electrical’s periodic testing service therefore:
- Ensures wiring and fixed electrical equipment is safe
- Identifies any faults that have arisen in your electrical systems
- Highlights any defective electrical work, or lack of earthing or bonding
- Pinpoints any overloaded electrical circuits or appliances
- Reveals any potential electric shock risks or fire hazards
- Check the condition of your electrics against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations – BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations).
The intervals of such periodic testing vary according to the property concerned. It is recommended that your electrics should be inspected and tested every:
- 10 years for an owner-occupied home
- 5 years for a commercial installation
- 5 years for a rented home
- 3 years for a caravan
- 1 year for a swimming pool.
- When preparing a property to let
- Before selling a property or buying a previously-occupied property
- If damage may have been caused to a building following a flood or fire.
Our easy-to-understand Electrical Installation Condition Report will then detail the results of our inspection, including any damage, defects or deterioration observed. If any dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions are identified, we will then recommend the remedial electrical works necessary to ensure the satisfactory standard of your electrical installation.
Do not rely on simply your personal visual assessment of electrics being in a safe condition and fit for purpose. Periodic testing not only ensures the efficient operation of your electrical installations, it can also save lives.
To contact us for a no-obligation quote, please call 01484 818180, email email@example.com, or complete our short electrical enquiry form.